Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Where I'm At

Since the untimely passing of The Late, Great, Robin Williams, Master of Improv, I haven’t wanted to write a damn thing. It’s hard to be introspective when I’m surrounded by death, suicide, & violence.

Also, my youngest daughter has needed my attention while she tries out her adult wings. Her choices have created intense consequences, & watching her go through it is frustrating & heartbreaking.

I've yet to mention my own responsibilities & commitments that I've let encumber my own happiness. The prospect of moving was scary in itself, but then to get excited about it only to have it ripped away was a roller coaster of emotions. The ride landed me back right where I was in the first place.

On December 17th of this year, the 37th anniversary of my mother’s death, I found myself caring for my grandson while he was ill. He had pneumonia. Although I was concerned about his health, it was a distraction from the depression that tries to set in during the holiday season.

It appeared that the boy was feeling better by the evening, but he definitely was not. As soon as I got him buckled in & was heading back inside he puked again! Poor lil guy! I love, love, LOVE that little man, & I am so happy that he is better. I’m very grateful that it didn't turn into the super flu.

I’ve recently given up dairy. I have virtually no will-power, so the struggle was interesting. I still crave certain dairy products, & when I cave to the crave I suffer for it. 95% of the time (a percentage made up entirely by me) I’m completely satisfied & have no desire to fall of the wagon, even at social gatherings. I feel so much better physically.

My PC had been running on its last circuit & finally died on that fateful December 17th. I wiped everything & started from scratch. I have decided to be very scrupulous when downloading anything from the internet.

All of that said, I’m trying to keep blogging. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please fell free to comment. I write because it helps me sort through a thingI I publish my writing for discussion. Tell me what you think. Do you agree? Why? Why not?